At McLean Family Dentistry, we are proud to say we are one of a select group of dentists who are certified and trained in Fotona laser dentistry in Virginia. Laser treatments offer a more comfortable, efficient, and cost-effective option for patients. With treatments such as nightlase, smoothlase, liplase, cavity detection, fillings, and more, our dentists are experts in all laser treatments.
How does Laser Dentistry work?
Let’s start with the basics:
- Drill-less dentistry: For most fillings, no drilling is needed! The laser can painlessly and more conservatively remove decay, disinfect the tooth for a longer-lasting filling, and desensitize the tooth so you don’t have discomfort after the procedure.
- Needle-less dentistry: Small fillings mean no anesthesia.
- Reduce snoring by up to 80%: Nightlase treatments can painlessly give you and your partner a better night’s rest without any surgery and downtime.
- Smoothlase is a natural, and non-surgical way to tighten skin and reduce wrinkles! No fillers or toxins are needed.
- Liplase: another natural way to build collagen for plumper lips without filler.
What does it feel like?
The feeling of laser treatment is best described as cold air and water spraying on the tooth.
What does it sound like?
These quick laser movements are painless, but do have a slight noise to them. The laser treatments can be described as sounding like popcorn popping.
If you have any questions about laser dentistry, please schedule a consultation or ask any of the doctors at your next appointment.